1963 Born in Gällivare, Swedish citizen
Artist working full time since 2002 mainly using glass. Unique pieces for private and public spaces as well as exhibitions. Consultancy for architecture, lectures, workshops and storytelling are offered. Broad experience in hotworked, coldworked and kilnformed studio glass.
1999 Bachelor of Arts (Visual) with Honours, majoring in glass, Canberra School of Art, Australian National University
1983 Teacher degree Umeå University Sweden
Art installation at Helse og Omsorgsenter, Kåfjord Municipality Norway 2019. Glass and stone sculpture titled “Return” in Borgafjäll Sweden. Part of Art Sculpture Route Seven Rivers in Västerbotten county 2013. Lobby glass installation at lawfirm Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, Washington DC 2005.
Consultancy for architecture and commercial design. Work for White Arkitekter AB Umeå – design for glass facade new building block Forsete in central Umeå and for Ågrenkonsult AB Gothenburg – pattern design for ceiling and facade city shopping mall Utopia Umeå.
Selected Solo exhibitions from year 2000:
- Gothenburg Röhsska Museum and Galleri Sintra
- Jokkmokk Ájtte Museum Sámi Center
- Kiruna Konstmuseet i Norr
- Norway Karasjok Sámi Artist Center
- Stockholm The Glassery, Grand Hotel and Galleri Glas Ett
- Umeå Museum of Västerbotten, Galleri Alva and Galleri Rista
- Östersund Gaaltije
Selected Group exhibitions from year 1998:
- Australia AXIA Modern Art Melbourne, Glass Artists Gallery Sydney, Object Galleries Sydney, Craft ACT Link Gallery Canberra
- Canada National Gallery of Canada Ottawa
- Czech Republic Galerie Pokorna på Gorlice – Kulturni Pamatka Vysehrad Prague
- Denmark Grönbechs Gård Hasle Bornholm
- Finland Gallen-Kallelan Museet Helsinki
- Iceland National Art Gallery / Listnasafni Islands Reykjavik
- Italy Venezia Aperto Vetro 1998 Instituto Statale Del’Arte Venice
- Japan Koganezaki Glass Museum Shizuoka
- Norway Kraftbyen Trondheim, Tromsø Center of Contemporary Art, Sámi Artis Center and RiddoDuottarMuseum Karsjok
- Singapore Earl Lu Gallery
- Sweden Icehotel Jukkasjärvi, Wetterling Gallery Kungsträdgården Stockholm, Konstens Hus Luleå, Swedish Museum of Glass Växjö, Galleri Versalen Sundsvall
- Taiwan Hsinchu International Glass Festival Taipei
- USA SOFA NY 1999 New York City, Embassy of Australia Washington DC, Bullseye Connection Gallery Portland
A broad experience as a speaker at national and international conferences and seminars.
Selection of lectures:
Czech Republic Kulturni Pamatka Vysehrad Prag
Denmark European Glass Context konferens Bornholm
Finland Indigee 2 Inari, Arctic Tourism Seminar, Pyhätunturi
Netherlands Museum Volkenkunde Leiden, during conference “Citizenship and Belonging”
Scotland Landscape and Nature Conference North Lands Lybster
Sweden Röhsska Museet, Västerbottensdagarna at Grand Hotel, Umeå University, Ájtte Museum Jokkmokk
Teacher and assisting teacher and technician at art and glass related workshops:
Sweden: Workshop Space and room with Jögge Sundqvist Umeå University
Denmark: Massive Glass Workshop with Kristie Rea at Anla Glas Silkeborg
Scotland: Master Class Glass with Kirstie Rea at North Lands Lybster
Initiator to the extensive art project 100 MIGRATORY – a local and world-wide art project dealing with the notion of origin and migration. Exhibition 100 MIGRATORY from February – May 2013 at the Museum of Västerbotten, part of Umeå 2014 European Capital of Culture and Rock Art in Sápmi.
Design of glass award Snöbollen – The Swedish picture book of the year award, presented at the annual International Litterature festival in Umeå, starting 2012. Commission through Bildmuseet Umeå.
Represented at public collections
- National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
- Nationalmuseum Stockholm
- Museum of Design and Applied Arts, Reykjavik Iceland
- Museum Volkenkunde Leiden Netherlands
- Röhsska museet Göteborg
- Ájtte Museum Sámi Center Jokkmokk
- Australian National University Art Collection, Canberra
- Smålands museum Swedish Glass Museum Växjö
- National Public Art Council
- Sámi Parliament Sweden Norway and counties around Sweden
Articles in local, national and international press, exhibition catalogues and magazines. Participation in regional and national TV-programs and at Safari Norwegian cultural TV program as well as in radio.
Master of ceremonies and exhibitor in Sami Design and Fashion Extravaganza show at Icehotel Jukkasjärvi Sweden. Film from the event at Icehotel on show, through the Swedish Trade Council, at the opening of Världsutställningen World EXPO 2012 at Yeosu South Korea.
Storytelling and performance ‘Se & Hör # 3’ Three artists on tour around the county of Västerbotten 2011.
Glass art ‘Blizzard’ represented on Swedish Postal Stamp, released 2007.
Seniorstipendiet SDR/Sami Artist Council 2021, Kungliga Skytteanska Samfundets Stora Pris 2014, Bildkonststipendium Region Västerbotten, Swedish visual and applied arts grant, Sparbanksstiftelsen Norrland artist award, Rubus Arcticus cultural art award, County council of Norrbotten, Sámi artists union, Sámi council, Australian National University art collection award, Alexander Samuelsons Glasdesignstipendium
Sámi artists union SDS
Swedish Artists Organisation KIF / KRO
Glass Art Society
Please contact Monica to get full CV and references